Not all users will have the same level of access permissions. If you are unable to complete a step, please reach out to the Support Desk for assistance.
Uploading a Module to LMS
Before uploading a module to the LMS, you will need to consider and be able to provide:
- A Link to the specific module on the editor – it can be tricky finding exactly which LMS module version and branding so please make sure;
- Any Graphics Assets, such as tile images for the module appearance on the trainee page in Spark;
- A Description of the module - this will be readable by the user to understand what the module is about;
- Name of the Folder that the module needs to be placed in;
- Organisation Permissions, such as which Organisation Units in your LMS need access; and
- Tags for the module, in order to be used for distribution and user requirements.
Exporting the Module In the Ignite Editor
Under the ‘Versions’ tab, click export as "Tin Can". This may take a few minutes to complete, and you are able to leave the page open and switch to another tab in the meantime if you are exporting a large module.
Once the Export is complete, download the file.
Uploading the Module in the Spark LMS
Click "+Create new module"
In the options for creating a new module, add the required details, such as the module name and description, and set which Organisational Units have access to this module, and choose a folder for the training to appear in.
Once these settings are complete, click "Choose file" and select the exported .Zip file, or 'click and drag' the .Zip file downloaded from the Ignite Editor to into the box to be ready to upload to the LMS.
Then, click "Create Module". This will begin the file upload, and add the module to the LMS.
Once the module is created, you can add the graphic asset to the "Backdrop" option in the module by clicking "Choose file" and selecting the desired image file, or 'click and drag' the image file into the box.
Upload Error - Alternate Export Option
In some instances, when you create a module in Ignite, publish it and export to Tin Can, you are only able to upload it to the LMS.
When you upload directly to LMS you may encounter the following failure error:
In this instance, you may not be able to download the module according to the settings in Ignite, however there is a workaround to allow you to do this.
- Export as Tincan
- Once complete, add &download=1 to URL
- Upload file into LMS
As an example, your URL may be:
With &download=1 appended, your URL will now appear as
When you have amended the URL and press enter, the module should be prompted to download.
This module can then be uploaded directly to the platform. You may need to contact the Support Desk to complete this step.
If you’ve published a module direct to LMS, you may have an ‘empty’ module.
In Spark, before submitting, run the following in the console:
$('form').prepend('<input type="hidden" name="size" value="responsive"><input type="hidden" name="show_controls" value="False">')