Sometimes you may find that the presentable file does not sync correctly, or you have had some issues with it, like not being able to sign in due to changed log in details. As Presentable files are offline versions of modules, you will need to download and use a new version of that module to be able to access the content if anything is changed.
Downloading a new version of the presentable module should be more compatible with the current version of the platform today and it is a good idea to update the presentable file when you can.
You may need to contact your Administrator to generate a new version of the most up to date files if you have not updated the presentable module for some time.
If there have been no recent updates to the content, the module itself will appear to be the same version (for example, v.1.23.4), however this is the version number of the training content and does not mean that you are using the newest files for that content.
To update the presentable file:
- Remove the files you normally use to launch the presentable module with on your computer;
- Log into your account;
- If you have Manager abilities, click the "My Own Training" option in the top right to go to your learner homepage;
- In your learner view, select the "Presentable" tab to view the presentable modules that you can access;
- Click the presentable course to see the options available to download it;
- Click the blue button with the download icon to download the course to your computer;
- By default, the file may download to your Downloads folder, and you will be able to move it to wherever you would normally like to access the files on a regular basis.
- Then you will be able to run the file and it should sync correctly with the platform.
If you load the module and find that you are encountering errors with synchronisation, please follow these final steps:
- Hold the Windows Key and press "R" to bring up the "Run" dialog box;
- Type "%APPDATA%\..\Local\BOLT" (without the quotes) and choose OK;
- There will be a folder (one or more) named something like "Training Module - 10 - ####";
- This folder should be deleted. The application will recreate the folder when you next run the training.