From time to time the Aftercare team may ask for your permission to connect to your PC or Mac remotely to investigate a problem. This is very useful when issues you're experiencing are perhaps difficult for you to explain - or you are not confident in carrying out technical steps that the team may have given you for troubleshooting or solving a problem.
The Mercurytide aftercare team use software called TeamViewer to access your computer. To allow us to make a connection to your computer, you must first download and run the TeamViewer software.
- Download the TeamViewer software for Windows computers
- Download the TeamViewer software for Macintosh computers
When you have downloaded and run the TeamViewer software (it will likely be in your default downloads folder, unless you specified a different location) you can begin a connection by doing the following:
- Run the TeamViewer software (it may ask you if you want to allow the program to make changes, please allow this). When you run it will look something like this:
- Tell your Aftercare representative the ID and Password. Your ID will stay the same but the password will change every time you launch TeamViewer for security purposes.
- When your support representative has the the ID and Password, they'll be able to connect and you'll see them coming online - moving your mouse etc.